Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day Six

Today was very eventful! To start off, my parents got back from Germany today, which I had to pick them up from the O’Hare airport around 2pm. I brought my camera along with to maybe take today’s photo, but I was only there for about 5 minutes before they came out of the doors. So, I didn’t get any good shots while being there, hopefully another time though.
They brought back German chocolate, which is the only chocolate I like to eat, and two smoking tobacco pipes! Both of which my Opa had bought, before he quit smoking. I do not have any pictures of them at the moment but I was thinking maybe I could take some creative shots of them for one of my 365 days.
When they were about to leave, their car wouldn’t start, so we had to go to Wal-Mart to get jumping cables, and once everything was settled, they went on their way back to Wisconsin. Now, I am at Kevin’s house writing my proposal for Manol’s class, and trying to figure out which products I will be using for my product shots for Gene’s class.
Today’s picture is actually located in Kevin’s basement. It’s the type of basement where the size is the entire space of the house but you have to crawl to get your way around it. It was so dark under there, I had no idea what was right in front of me. So, when I was taking pictures, I put the camera on auto focus and just started shooting. And I ended up with this shot.
Again, not one of my best shots but I think it is interesting in its own way. I guess this is what I get for just pointing and shooting my camera without even looking.
I am going to start something new in these blogs now, where I tell you the process of editing my pictures. There has been a couple of people asking me questions on what I did to achieve certain looks, so I thought that I would make it easier and just explain it on here.
Shot with Nikon D3 camera body and a 24-70mm wide zoom lens, set at an f-stop of 2.8, shutter speed 1/120 and an ISO of 1000. The only editing I did to this photo was take it in Lightroom3 and turn it black and whit and turn up the clarity. Also, I lightened the blacks so you could see a little more detail.
Three hundred fifty-nine pictures to go!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh, I love that your writing down your whole process. Then when you look back you will know what you did and realize what you could have done differently. Very smart! Love this, it reminds me of Grandmas old basement. Mysterious!! LOVE YOUUU

    ReplyDelete